Cohica Custom Designed Trips
Cohica definitely isn’t your "typical" travel agency. Currently based in Spain, we focus on experiential and sustainable travel, working with locally-owned and highly-rated boutique hotels and unique, cultural activities. We’re all about delivering curated, authentic travel experiences for our clients, so while we do offer a variety of pre-designed Experiential Travel Packages, much of the work we do comes in the form of custom designed trips.
How it works [Custom Designed Trips]
- First, you send us the basics about your travel plans (i.e. estimated travel dates, budget, and any other preferences). Include your interests, travel style, and what you want to do. (*If you'd like, we can also schedule a short video chat (Skype or Google Hangouts) at your convenience to learn more about you and your travel style.)
- Based on the information you've provided, we'll put together a few trip ideas (destinations, activities, etc.) for you to consider.
- You look at the outline and tell us If you want to move forward. If the answer is yes, we'll create a completely unique, tailor-made travel plan for you, including hotel recommendations, transportation options, experiences and activities, restaurants, a customized travel map, and price estimate for the trip. The cost for the tailor-made travel plan, $85 (up to 14 days of travel) or $125 (more than 14 days of travel).
- Now that it’s time to book you have two options. (1) Book your whole trip with us (based on the price estimate provided in your travel plan) and we’ll take care of everything from here on out (we’ll even refund the fee for your customized travel plan). (2) Use the travel plan to make your own reservations and book your trip independently.
- Finally, if you choose to book with us, we’ll revise your travel plan as much as you want (changes to dates, hotels, transportation, activities, etc.) to ensure it’s perfect. Once you’re ready to book, we collect a non-refundable deposit (typically 50% of your total trip cost) and secure your reservations. Once your trip is totally booked we’ll send you a final invoice along with your complete itinerary, including confirmation numbers and vouchers, so when you arrive at your destination you'll have everything you need to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!
As certified travel agents we often have access to unpublished rates on hotels, activities and more, so, while we do charge a small trip management fee, it usually ends up paying for itself. In fact, most of the money we earn comes in the form of commission from our travel suppliers (hotel partners, activity providers, etc.). The small fee we do charge (10%?) allows us to take care of all those important little details of your custom designed trip, ensuring you don’t have to worry about a thing.